Friday 30 September 2011

Julie Watson Book Cover

One of my shots of Haweswater Reservoir's pump tower has been used as a component on the cover of Julie Watson's latest novel.

Kind of odd, seeing my work as a part of someone else's composite. And very cool.

The rights managed license was arranged by Tim Kahane at the endlessly inspiring Trigger Image.

Trigger Image are pretty unique for an image library in the fact that they have opted to develop a very definite house style and avoid the standard 'cover everything' approach of most stock libraries. It's dark, gothic, edgy, atmospheric and.. well, right up my street.

I was very flattered to be invited to join Trigger way back when they were just starting out. It's great to see them getting so many talented artists onto so many book covers these days.
Trigger represent the bulk of my fine art landscape work (yes, Tim, I will be sending you some new stuff very soon)...



My original shot looked a bit like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment